Warehouse Senior Manager
Nisolo is a sustainable fashion brand that produces footwear and accessories for women and men. We are an early-stage, E-Commerce D2C company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to excellence and strategically improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic. We work together in pursuit of the common goal to grow a healthy, household name brand and push the fashion industry in a more sustainable direction.
- You are hardworking and resourceful.
- You are an exceptionally organized self-starter who can prioritize well in a high growth, hands off environment, and are able to think strategically and independently.
- You are attentive to detail and can manage a tight deadline.
- You can set strategy and vision, but you are not afraid to execute at a tactical level. There is no task too small or too big for you.
- You’re a great team player who can communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams within a small and growing organization.
- You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change.
- You’re humble, hungry, and smart (in that order). You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow in all areas.
- You are motivated at least in part by a commitment to social impact in your daily work. You love fashion and keeping up with trends in the industry.
- You’re not afraid to have a little fun every now and then.
- Manage warehouse vertical, including inbound/outbound logistics.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts and inspecting equipment.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Evaluate and design processes and tools in support of continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Oversee design and implementation of pick, pack, ship process for customer orders, and troubleshoot problems. Hire, train and manage staff to implement daily tasks.
- Oversee design and implementation of returns and exchanges process. Hire, train and manage staff to implement daily tasks.
- Maintain 3-5 person warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Prepare warehouse to receive international shipments.
- Oversee unpacking of shipments of product and replenishment of warehouse shelves.
- Inspect incoming shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notify merchandise planning manager.
- Report on a regular basis to manager about inventory levels, customer orders, and returns and exchanges.
- Manage relationships with Third Party customers including order-taking, relaying tracking information, and problem-solving
- Maintain regular communication with carriers (UPS, FedEx, USPS) regarding pickups/deliveries, holiday demands, and volume
Skills & qualifications:
- At least 5 years of past experience managing a warehouse.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong collaborative and detail oriented skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Able to maintain high standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong leadership and training skills as evidenced by previous activities or work experience.
- Ability and willingness to lift boxes and materials weighing 50+ pounds.
- Strong, positive attitude with high integrity and high energy.
- Forklift certification and experience driving a box truck preferred.
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise.
Timing: Estimated start date: May, 2018. Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below questions, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Warehouse Senior Manager [Applicant’s Name].”
- What are the 3-5 keys to success for you in the role of Warehouse Senior Manager at Nisolo? How do these keys to success tie in to your strengths and experience?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- Nisolo lands a big press placement that increases Holiday order projections by 100%. It is September. Please describe in 1 page or less how you plan to accommodate the increased order volume.