Supply Chain Director
Nisolo is a sustainable fashion brand that produces footwear and accessories for women and men. We are an early-stage, E-Commerce D2C company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to excellence and strategically improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic. We work together in pursuit of the common goal to grow a healthy, household name brand and push the fashion industry in a more sustainable direction.
- You are an exceptionally organized self-starter who can prioritize well in a high growth, hands off environment, and are able to think strategically and independently.
- You are crazy attentive to detail and can manage a tight deadline.
- You can set strategy and vision, but you are not afraid to execute at a tactical level. There is no task too small or too big for you.
- You are hardworking and resourceful. You understand why data is critical to make high-level, strategic, business decisions and are passionate about providing and analyzing that data.
- You’re a great team player who can communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams within a small and growing organization.
- You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, seeing every challenge as an opportunity to learn.
- You’re humble, hungry, and smart (in that order). You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow in all areas.
- You are motivated at least in part by a commitment to social impact in your daily work.
- You’re not afraid to have a little fun every now and then.
- Manage import/export function; understand and adhere to federal, state and local trade requirements.
- Work with Executive Team to research, evaluate and select future suppliers.
- Work with international suppliers to develop and adhere to documentation and reporting systems required to meet free trade requirements.
- Conduct in-depth supply chain analyses, which may include data gathering from across various systems/sources, data manipulation, data modeling, and the evaluation of proposed solutions.
- Develop solutions to complex logistics support problems.
- Manage third party vendor relationships related to logistics.
- Develop and implement logistics plans inclusive of supplier contracts, routing guidelines, problem resolution and cost containment. Manage international flow of materials.
- Evaluate supply chain needs and selection of shipment modes. Work with suppliers, carriers and customs brokers to expedite shipments.
- Define integrated logistics support requirements. Lead reengineering efforts as it relates to supply chain planning and execution systems.
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning and forecasting.
- Measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis and present results to senior management.
- Serve as company contact and spokesperson with suppliers.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Warehousing, Finance, Merchandising, Product Design & Development, Marketing, and Sales.
Skills & qualifications
- At least 5 years of past experience working in supply chain operations.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in supply chain and/or logistics.
- Experience traveling to, and working in, developing countries.
- Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong collaborative and detail oriented skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Able to maintain high standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise.
Timing: Estimated start date: May, 2018. Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below questions, and a résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Supply Chain Director [Applicant’s Name].”
- What are the 3-5 keys to success for you in the role of Supply Chain Director at Nisolo? How do these tie in to your strengths and experience?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- Nisolo receives a Form CF 28 from U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Outline in 1 page or less your plan to respond to that inquiry.