Nisolo means not alone.
We are a team of makers, doers, and storytellers working together to facilitate a healthy connection between consumers and producers in the global marketplace. As consumers, we are not alone in the world. We recognize that our small choices have a big impact somewhere else. As producers, we are not alone. We have access to them global market and fair compensation for our work. At Nisolo, we view our social impact in two ways: game changing and life changing.
We are a small, dynamic, high-growth organization so assignments are flexible and adapted to the organization’s needs as well as the candidate’s strengths. Internships are flexible, offered on a full time or part time basis. Students must be willing to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week. As a UX/UI Design Intern, you will be focused specifically on designing mobile, tablet and web, allowing you to work in tandem with our creative and development teams. In short—every day you will work to make the user experience at Nisolo awesome.
Responsibilities may include:
- Learn about emerging design trends, standards and technology in order to conceive and create high-quality designs in mobile, tablet and web
- Develop ideas from sketches and graphics to prototypes with a focus on creating the best possible experience for our users
- Collaborate with UX/UI designer to create clean and intuitive designs
- Define target audiences' needs, tasks and goals and translate them into creative information architect concepts
- Organize and facilitate user research, concept testing and usability testing with our UX/UI Designer
- Create memorable interactive experiences and learn how to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions
- Communicate designs through sketches, storyboards, user-flows, personas, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes
- Empathize and advocate for the user by identifying opportunities to improve product functionality and interactions and by evangelizing user-centered design within the company
At Nisolo we are looking for students who are humble, curious, and have a genuine desire to solve business and creative challenges. We expect each intern to become acquainted with many different facets of the business, take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team. A good sense of humor and brave opponents on the ping pong table are a bonus! More specifically, we look for the following qualifications in potential candidates:
- BA or BS in Design, Computer Science, or related field
- Enrolled in sophomore year or higher at a college/university
- Willingness to receive academic credit for the internship
- Classroom or work experience in visual, interaction design and prototyping
- High energy, friendly and people-focused personality
- Willingness to learn and continually improve
- Willingness to commit to living in Nashville for the duration of the internship
- Preferred Requirements:
- Design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, etc.
- HTML and CSS
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Additionally, please submit a response to the following questions:
- How did you hear about Nisolo?
- Why do you want to intern with Nisolo?
- What are the top three things you want to learn in your internship, and why?