Nisolo is a disruptive, socially conscious lifestyle brand creating value for consumers and producers in the fashion space through the design, manufacturing, and direct-distribution of handmade leather shoes, accessories, jewelry, and select apparel goods.
We make some of the highest quality, most beautifully designed, ethically- sourced shoes, leather accessories and jewelry on the market. We are a young company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to constantly improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic. In four years, we have grown from a handful of people with a good idea to over 50 individuals passionately pursuing a common dream. With our eyes set on our long-term goals, we seek to build a strong company infrastructure, with a culture of high performance, social impact and work life balance.
We are very excited to be looking for a UX/UI designer to work alongside our VP of Business Development in our Nashville, TN office. This person will gather data and formulate requirements using a variety of methods including conversations with business subject matter experts, observations, interviews, surveys, questionnaires, and focus groups. This role will have the unique opportunity to serve as a bridge and translator between various teams including the business, operations, customer service, creative team, and external vendors. Additionally, this person will work collaboratively with design, development, and production support staff to ensure business plans are maintained and schedules are met and that functional requirements are properly documented, tested, piloted and executed.
- You are analytical, a strong project manager, and love all things website design
- You have an eye for design and think user experience
- You love to perform ongoing testing to help find opportunities for continuous improvement
- You are an exceptionally organized self-starter who can prioritize well in a high growth, “hands off” environment
- You’re humble, hungry, and smart (in that order). You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow
- You’re a great team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams within a small but growing organization, as well as with outsourced vendors and agencies
- You are motivated in part by a commitment to social impact in your daily work
- You’re not afraid to have a little fun every now and then
- Responsible for experience of website across all platforms
- Identifies key areas throughout the site that can be enhanced, justifying your recommendations with data while balancing both user and business goals
- Continually strives for improvement across the entire customer experience
- Uses a mobile lens to structure insights and the Nisolo story
- Offers balance of user functionality and visual design with high attention to detail
- Assists in scope definition and manages initiatives from definition through implementation
- Provides necessary updates and communications to stakeholders
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings to gather and validate requirements
- Uses data and observations to identify opportunities for improving portfolio solutions and related business processes
- Serves as a liaison between design and developers, keeps projects on time and on budget
- Creates new pages for products and collections
- Provides assistance with creating landing pages for campaigns
- Translates design to responsive html
- Updates design of existing site pages as brand evolves
- Works closely with design, development and brand teams to suggest, refine, and edit prototypes for each stage of the product design cycle
- Prototypes in some way, shape, or form—we’re looking for that perfect blend of UX and UI
Skills + Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of designing experiences on the web, from mobile to desktop, or High School Diploma / GED and at least 7 years of experience
- Extensive E-Commerce experience required; Shopify preferred
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Ability to identify qualitative and quantitative indicators for success
- Ability to elicit requirements from all organizational departments and stakeholders through a variety of methods and to document requirements clearly and concisely
- Familiarity with project management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Known for a strong eye, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving that can be spoken to other team members and departments at a leadership level
- Experience using consulting skills and developing client relationships
- Experience using analytical skills, tools, and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions
- Resourceful and flexible, with exceptional teamwork skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment under tight deadlines
- Experience with requirements specification and development: process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, and process flow diagrams
- Has a conceptual understanding of foundational web technologies, responsive design, and agile methodology
- Expert in creating quality deliverables using tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Keynote, and Omnigraffle
- Knowledge of Liquid code preferred, with additional knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working with virtual teams
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise
Location: Nashville, TN
Why Nashville? Why not Nashville? If Austin, Brooklyn, LA, SF, and New Orleans somehow had a child, the name would be Nashville. Click here for more details.
Timing: Applications are accepted through April 15, 2016.
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below three questions, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Staff Recruitment: UX/UI Designer [Applicant’s Name].”
- Describe your experience building a strategy and measuring success on an e-Commerce platform?
- Name one company that is really great at UX. Why do you think they are so successful?
- After having a close look at Nisolo’s website, name the primary thing that you would immediately change to increase UX and conversion on the site.