Retail Sales & Community Engagement Coordinator
Nisolo is a sustainable fashion brand that produces footwear and accessories for women and men. We are an early-stage, Direct to Consumer E-Commerce company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to excellence and strategic improvement. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic. We work together in pursuit of the goal to grow a healthy, household name brand and help push the fashion industry in a more sustainable direction.
- You are excited to execute local marketing initiatives that drive increased traffic and sales and grow brand awareness in Nashville.
- You are confident managing a team and adhering to showroom costs and budget.
- You have an outgoing personality and are energized by face-to-face customer interactions and public speaking engagements.
- You have an eye for visual merchandising and enjoy creating display pieces for new product.
- You are a great team player who can communicate and collaborate well with cross-functional teams within a small and growing organization.
- You are committed to a positive and welcoming shopping environment.
- You have proactive problem solving skills and the ability to adapt under pressure.
- You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, seeing every challenge as an opportunity to learn.
- You are humble, hungry, and smart (in that order). You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow in all areas.
- You are motivated at least in part by a commitment to social impact in your daily work.
- You are self-motivated, creative, and flexible with the ability to multi-task and take initiative.
- You are not afraid to have a little fun every now and then.
About The Position:
The Retail Sales & Community Engagement Coordinator will be the point of contact and lead for the Nisolo Showroom location in Nashville, TN. Focus will be on monthly/quarterly sales goals and on increasing local reach through press, partners, events, etc. He/she will split time working shifts in the physical store, as well as in the Nisolo main office. The Coordinator will oversee part-time retail staff by coordinating schedules, payroll, and all team trainings. Additionally, this person will work closely with the Nisolo Customer Experience team, handling in-person CX requests. Weekly travel to our South Nashville warehouse location will be required when transferring inventory to the showroom in coordination with the Fulfillment team.
- Increasing sales and overall foot traffic of showroom location.
- Execute in-store events and marketing opportunities such as bi-annual sales events, local concert series, and pop-up partnerships.
- Coordinate with local press and community influencers to increase brand awareness.
- Track and report required sales and traffic data through departmental dashboards.
- Manage and coordinate the work schedules of our part-time retail staff members. Occasional flexibility to cover weekend shifts and events, when necessary.
- Support fulfillment team and adhere to standard operating procedures to ensure inventory accuracy and transfers to showroom location.
- Work closely with various Nisolo departments to provide a streamlined in-store experience.
- Attend team meetings to maintain product and brand knowledge to share with part-time staff.
- Understand and optimize point of sale systems and software.
- Regularly update product and display merchandising to ensure all displays meet brand aesthetic and organizational standards.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of marketing, retail, or similar required.
- Strong familiarity or experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to drive sales and grow business.
- Ability to analyze sales data and track progress to goals.
- Excellent operational and time management skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, undergraduate degree preferred.
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise.
Timing: Estimated start date: June 2018. Note: only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below questions, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Retail Sales & Community Engagement Coordinator [Applicant’s Name].”
- What are the 3-5 keys to success for you in the role of Retail Sales & Community Engagement Coordinator? How do these keys of success tie in to your strengths and experience?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- Your goal is to increase retail showroom revenue by 100% in Q3 and overall foot traffic by 50%. What would your strategy be to meet these goals? Be sure to consider on-brand themes, support needed from internal departments, timelines, and potential partners involved. You have a budget of $2500.