Nisolo is a disruptive, socially conscious lifestyle brand creating value for consumers and producers in the fashion space through the design, manufacturing, and direct-distribution of handmade leather shoes, accessories, jewelry, and select apparel goods. We are a young company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to constantly improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic. In four years, we have grown from a handful of people with a good idea to over 50 individuals passionately pursuing a common dream. With our eyes set on our long-term goals, we seek to build a strong company infrastructure, with a culture of high performance, social impact and work life balance.
We are recruiting a Public Relations & Social Media Marketing Associate to elevate the Nisolo brand story and customer engagement through public relations and strong visual communication on all of our social media platforms. Working closely with our Creative Manager, in this role, you will live, breathe, and communicate Nisolo in an innovative manner on the most important social media platforms for fashion E-Commerce companies today.
- You have an eye for design, clean + sophisticated aesthetic, and strong interest in fashion
- You have a strong voice, commitment to social impact, and always strive for excellence
- You have exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills
- Bad grammar drives you insane
- You are exceptionally well-organized
- You are highly motivated, self-managed, and able to think strategically and independently
- You are crazy attentive to detail and are a perfectionist that can also manage a tight deadline
- You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change
- You think with both sides of the brain. Your creative vision is balanced by your pragmatic approach
- You take initiative and don’t need to be asked anything twice
- You listen well and have a no task is too small mindset
- You’re an innovative thinker who is always seeking to grow and push brand direction forward
- You display strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working with a team
- You’re not afraid to have a little fun every now and then
Social Media Marketing (60%)
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Capture and analyze appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices to continuously improve
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (original text, images, or video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Create and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of Nisolo’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content for each community
- Creates editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Collaborate with other departments (customer experience, sales, etc) to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions
Public Relations (40%)
- Work with our marketing and creative teams to ensure all assets are prepared, organized and readily available when needed
- Work with founders and executive team to continually craft the Nisolo story and be able to provide relevant sound bites or longform interviews for the appropriate platforms
- Assist the executive team in the search for the appropriate high caliber PR firm
- Manage PR firm relationship to make sure that they have all assets, copy, links, etc. to meet editorial deadlines, and create and update KPI analytics to track the progress of the firm over time
- Aggressively create and pursue press leads, compose press releases, and distribute to appropriate parties
- Field all incoming press opportunities and manage the process through to published works
- Research and outreach various publisher platforms that fit the Nisolo brand
- Field PR relevant interviews, phone calls, emails, etc.
- Research and stay up to date on best practice public relations strategy and growth
- Assist in the ongoing analytical evaluation of all press and it’s affect on our business
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation of our PR firm’s performance and value add to our bottom line
Skills & Qualifications
- At least three years of experience in social media at a top end E-Commerce lifestyle brand, fashion brand, or creative agency
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience
- In-depth social media automation tools and analytics tools knowledge and usage
- Strong photo editing skills preferred
- Clean + sophisticated design sensibility
- Passion for learning; always seeking to sharpen skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working at a PR firm or experience representing brands and managing relationships with PR firms required
- Ability to write a beautiful, yet succinct press release
- Experience using contact management software
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Why Nashville? Why not Nashville? If Austin, Brooklyn, LA, SF, and New Orleans somehow had a child, the name would be Nashville. Click here for more details.
Timing: Applications are accepted through June 1, 2016.
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below four questions, your social media handles, portfolio, and a résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Staff Recruitment: Public Relations & Social Media Marketing Associate [Applicant’s Name].”
- What makes you the best candidate for this position?
- Why is Nisolo the best fit for you?
- What are a few things that you think Nisolo could do to improve our social media following, presence, and engagement across our various platforms?
- Which are a few of your favorite Instagram accounts to follow?