Nisolo is a sustainable fashion brand that produces footwear and accessories for women and men. We are a high-growth, E-Commerce D2C company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to excellence and strategically improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic and work together in pursuit of the common goal to grow a healthy, household name brand and push the fashion industry in a more sustainable direction.
You are highly motivated, self-managed, and are able to work independently.
You are attentive to detail, and can also manage a tight deadline.
You are an exceptionally organized self-starter who can prioritize well in a high growth, “hands off” environment.
You can manage large projects, but are not afraid to execute at a tactical level. There is no task too small or too big for you.
You are hardworking and resourceful. You understand why information is critical to make excellent decisions, and are passionate about providing that information.
You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change.
You see every challenge as an opportunity to learn.
You’re humble, hungry, and smart (in that order). You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow in all areas.
You are self aware and have a desire to grow personally and professionally by being challenged in your work.
You’re a great team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams within a small and growing organization.
You are motivated at least in part by a commitment to social impact in your daily work, and love following the ever-evolving retail landscape.
You’re not afraid to have a little fun every now and then.
You speak Spanish or can communicate at a conversational level, and have a strong willingness to strengthen your Spanish language skills.
Product Development Associate
- Supports and executes the product development calendar to ensure timely turnover of development, return of samples, and placement of final production orders in support of product releases.
- Communicates sample requests and priorities to factories.
- Builds and maintains assortment specific timing-and-action calendars, monitors progress, and elevates any potential risks to planned sample and production delivery dates.
- Communicates with factories, merchandising, and marketing teams regarding sample and production for product launches, product refinement projects, and generally any other issues related to product development.
- Keeps relevant product design & development dashboards and tracking documents updated.
Development & Sourcing
- Manages cross-functional and factory relationships to ensure our product meets aesthetic, quality, sizing and functional requirements.
- Manages the process of both fit and wear testing, addressing variances and solutions to ensure consistency with suppliers, merchandising, and production.
- Receives, labels, organizes, and archives samples throughout all phases of the development process.
- Assists development team with tech packs and seasonal spec updates while also coordinating this information with the marketing and creative teams.
- Reviews and communicates all style and material minimums, costs, and lead times to cross functional teams and factories in development. Creates cost and timing options when issues arise.
- Builds and maintains a product development library consisting of raw materials, packaging, and product inspiration and archives.
May require travel several times per year to Mexico, Peru, or as needed to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Aims to instill quality in the product from onset of development through final production.
- Reviews all components with an eye for quality, durability, functionality, and sustainability.
- Manages fit and wear test process to ensure finished products meet brand standards for durability and functionality.
- Identifies and maintains existing material and product testing standards, and leads implementation of internal SOPs in partnership with cross-functional and leadership teams.
- Manages and resolves any quality issues post production and works with factory partners to improve QC processes to reduce risk of future quality issues.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 2 years of past experience working in product development/design, sourcing, and/or production of consumer goods (footwear experience preferred) in a similar vein to the current Nisolo offering.
- Experience creating and delivering tech packs and spec sheets to factories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Able to maintain a high standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience.
- Understanding of sustainable fashion, ethical fashion, and/or social enterprise preferred.
- Experience traveling to, and working in, developing countries preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise.
Timing: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a brief cover letter, answers to the below questions, and an updated résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Applicant for Product Development Associate [Applicant’s Name].”
- What are the 3-5 keys to success for you in the role of Product Development Associate at Nisolo? How do these keys to success tie in to your strengths and experience?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- Your factory calls and shares that the approved leather to make your PO arrived and is of poor quality, making it virtually unusable. They request to push back the factory shipment by at least one month. Your marketing team has already created assets and the release is planned for two weeks out. What do you do? How does this information inform your future development process, if at all?