Nisolo is a sustainable fashion brand that produces footwear and accessories for women and men. We are an early-stage, E-Commerce D2C company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to excellence and strategically improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic, and work together in pursuit of the common goal to grow a healthy, household name brand and push the fashion industry in a more sustainable direction.
- You are highly motivated, self-managed, and are able to think strategically and independently.
- You are motivated at least in part by a commitment to social impact in your daily work, and love following the ever-evolving retail landscape.
- You are highly attentive to detail, and able to manage a tight deadline.
- You are an exceptionally organized self-starter who can prioritize well in a high growth, “hands off” environment.
- You are hardworking and resourceful. You understand why data is critical to make high-level, strategic, business decisions, and are passionate about providing and analyzing that data.
- You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, seeing every challenge as an opportunity to learn.
- You’re humble, hungry, and smart (in that order). You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow in all areas.
- You’re a great team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams within a small and growing organization.
- You’re not afraid to have a little fun every now and then.
- Assists design and development team in communicating sample requests and priorities to factories.
- Tracks samples to ensure they are received to meet deadlines. Proactively communicates sample arrival and quality/design variances to cross functional teams.
- Ships samples between Nashville, LA, and factories/tanneries when necessary.
- Follows product development calendar and is aware of approaching development phases and deadlines. Follows-up with team members to ensure calendar is maintained.
- Keeps relevant product design & development dashboards and tracking documents updated.
Design + Development
- Assists product team with building and maintaining product development library consisting of raw materials, packaging, and product inspiration and archives.
- Receives, labels, organizes, and archives samples throughout all phases of the development process.
- Assists design team with tech packs and seasonal spec updates.
- Assists design team with CAD files and revisions.
- Reviews all product components with an eye for design, quality, and durability and elevates any issues to product team
- Assists with fit and wear test process to ensure finished products meet brand standards for durability and functionality.
- Provides coordination support for product team in preparation for milestone meetings and monthly reporting.
- Conducts market research and presents findings to the product team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience. Design, Product Development, and/or Business related field of study preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Able to maintain a high standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Understanding of sustainable fashion, ethical fashion, and/or social enterprise preferred.
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise.
Timing: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a brief cover letter, answers to the below questions, and an updated résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Applicant for Product Design & Development Coordinator [Applicant’s Name].”
- What are the 3-5 keys to success for you in the role of Product Design & Development Coordinator at Nisolo? How do these keys to success tie in to your strengths and experience?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- You receive marketing samples that are significantly different in color compared to the confirmation sample. The photoshoot is 2 weeks away. What next steps do you take and who do you inform?