Nisolo is a sustainable fashion brand that produces footwear and accessories for women and men. We are an early-stage, E-Commerce D2C company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to excellence and strategically improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic. We work together in pursuit of the common goal to grow a healthy, household name brand and push the fashion industry in a more sustainable direction.
- You are an exceptionally organized self-starter that is able to think strategically and independently to prioritize and execute well in a high-growth environment.
- You are an Excel guru, with a passion for numbers and data. You love turning a story and a plan into a spreadsheet and vice versa.
- You are crazy attentive to detail and can manage a tight deadline in a hands-off environment.
- You can set strategy and vision; but you are not afraid to execute at a tactical level. There is no task too small or too big for you.
- You are hardworking and resourceful. You understand why data is critical to make high-level, strategic, business decisions and are passionate about providing and analyzing that data with a holistic and open-minded approach.
- You’re a great team player with the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with cross-functional teams within a small and rapidly evolving organization.
- You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change while also being comfortable providing feedback to leaders and teammates or asking for help when needed.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, seeing every challenge as an opportunity to learn.
- You’re humble, hungry, and smart (in that order). You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow in all areas.
- You are motivated, at least in part, by a commitment to social impact in your daily work. You love fashion and keeping up with trends in the industry, with a strong curiosity of slow and ethical fashion.
- You’re not afraid to have a little fun every now and then.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on sales data as it relates to forecasted performance, identifying trends, and highlighting selling that exceeds or falls short of expectations.
- Assist in generating purchase orders for all products (existing and new) at the distribution channel, category, style, and SKU level.
- Update weekly reports on inventory levels, including turnover and weeks of supply, in order to efficiently track and manage Nisolo SKUs. Assist in the creation of improved and additional reporting.
- Coordinate with international vendors to ensure on-time production and delivery against line strategy by tracking and monitoring open purchase orders on a weekly basis.
- Maintain and communicate product information via seasonal line plans, internal database, and product line management systems.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of past experience working in planning, buying or merchandising.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, finance, or a related discipline preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Strong understanding of the fashion or social enterprise space preferred.
- Previous consumer facing E-Commerce brand experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise.
Timing: Estimated start date: June, 2019. Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the questions below, and a résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Merchandise Planning Associate [Applicant’s Name].”
- What are the 3-5 keys to success for you in the role of Merchandising Planning Associate at Nisolo? How do these keys to success tie in to your strengths and experience?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- Develop a 12 month forecast for our Emilio Chukka Boot, complete with proposed purchase dates and quantities to meet the forecast. Assume that the Emilio launched on November 1, 2017 and the first 8 weeks of demand, in units, were: 800, 400, 325, 200, 375, 450, 400, 250. It is week 9 and we currently have 950 units of hand, and 1400 units arriving in week 14. Please communicate all other assumptions you create to complete the project.