Nisolo is a disruptive, socially conscious lifestyle brand creating value for consumers and producers in the fashion space through the design, manufacturing, and direct-distribution of handmade leather shoes, accessories, and select apparel goods. We are recruiting a Graphic Designer & Media Associate to elevate the Nisolo brand story through strong visual communication online and offline.
We make the highest quality, most beautifully designed, ethically sourced shoes and accessories on the market. We are a young company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to constantly improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic. In less than four years, we have grown from a handful of people with a good idea to 40 individuals passionately pursuing a common dream. With our eyes set on our long-term goals, we seek to build a strong company infrastructure and culture, performance, and social impact. As a Graphic Designer + Media Associate at Nisolo, you will work closely with our Creative Manager to create beautiful assets to communicate our story to our customers, manage those assets, and share them on our various channels.
- Eye for design, clean + sophisticated aesthetic, and strong interest in fashion
- Strong voice, commitment to social impact, and always striving for excellence
- Highly motivated, self-managed, and able to think independently
- Crazy attention to detail, a perfectionist that can also make a tight deadline
- Responds positively to feedback and adapts quickly to change
- Thinks with both sides of the brain: creative vision and strong organizational skills
- Takes initiative and doesn’t need to be asked anything twice
- Listens well and no task is too small
- Innovative thinker always seeking to grow and push brand direction forward
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working with a team
- Design lookbooks & printed materials for events
- Create weekly fashion forward marketing emails
- Photography Photoshop retouching
- Assist in photography selection
- Design website layouts, packaging, store assets, online ads, & social media assets
- Develop fresh content for our social channels and handle day-to-day management of Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr and several others
- Manage organization of assets and flow of assets between creative and social
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience at a top end lifestyle or fashion brand, or creative agency is preferred
- Adobe Suite wizard
- Clean + sophisticated design sensibility
- Solid creative portfolio with design, typography, and branding projects
- Passion for learning, always seeking to sharpen skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Why Nashville? Why not Nashville? If Austin, Brooklyn, LA, SF, and New Orleans somehow had a child, the name would be Nashville. Click here for more details.
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Timing: Applications are currently being accepted. Estimated start date: July 2015
Added Bonus: Exceptional ping pong skills and/or Nerf gun aim for work breaks in the office.
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter that answers the below two questions as well as a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Staff Recruitment: Graphic Design + Media Associate [Applicant’s Name].”
- What makes you the best candidate for this position?
- Why is Nisolo the best fit for you?