Nisolo means not alone.
We are a team of makers, doers, and storytellers working together to facilitate a healthy connection between consumers and producers in the global marketplace. As consumers, we are not alone in the world. We recognize that our small choices have a big impact somewhere else. As producers, we are not alone. We have access to them global market and fair compensation for our work. At Nisolo, we view our social impact in two ways: game changing and life changing.
We are a small, dynamic, high-growth organization so assignments are flexible and adapted to the organization’s needs as well as the candidate’s strengths. Internships are flexible, offered on a full time or part time basis. Students must be willing to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week. As an intern in Finance, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to: analyzing monthly expenses, cash cycles, creating invoices, and financial reports.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analyze the entire cash cycle and make recommendations for increased efficiency
- Developing a cash to sales reconciliation tool for daily, weekly and monthly use
- Assist in analyzing monthly expenses and comparing to budget estimates
- QuickBooks maintenance and analysis, including monthly reconciliations, revenue analysis, budgeting and expense management
- Assistance in the creation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Analysis of cash cycles, including recommendations for maximizing cash use
- Research and NPV analysis on potential growth opportunities
- Assist in creating invoices for Third Party sales (deal sites like Huckberry)
- Review SKUs and ensure accuracy of all data for each SKU; Update SKU data to the extent there are discrepancies
At Nisolo we are looking for students who are humble, curious, and have a genuine desire to solve business and creative challenges. We expect each intern to become acquainted with many different facets of the business, take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team. A good sense of humor and brave opponents on the ping pong table are a bonus! More specifically, we look for the following qualifications in potential candidates:
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Willingness to receive academic credit for the internship
- High energy, friendly and people-focused personality
- Willingness to learn and continually improve
- Willingness to commit to living in Nashville for the duration of the internship.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please submit a response to the following questions:
- How did you hear about Nisolo?
- Why do you want to intern with Nisolo?
- What are the top three things you want to learn in your internship, and why?