Frequently Asked Questions
100-Day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee: We would like our customers to be 100% satisfied with their product purchased from our website. If you notice irregular wear and tear on your shoes within 100 days, please contact us. We want to know about it, and we want to fix the problem! If you experience issues with your Nisolo product beyond 100 days, please contact us.
Why are the color of my shoes slightly different than the ones pictured online? We use natural cowhide for all of our shoes which can cause a slight variation in color as each hide absorbs dye differently. Each product is crafted by hand and has its own individual characteristics, which contributes to the unique and special nature of your product. If you’re unhappy with the color you’ve received, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- How do I clean and protect my leather shoes and accessories? We want to help you keep your Nisolos looking good! Please visit our Shoe Care page for more information about caring for your leather shoes and accessories.
- How do I clean my Nisolo jewelry? All of our jewelry is non-chemically treated up-cycled brass. However, you can use a natural beeswax to seal the jewelry from reacting to your skin's chemistry or moisture, keeping it looking shiny and new. Refer to our Jewelry Care page for a step-by-step cleaning guide.
- Do you offer gift cards? Yes! You can purchase Nisolo gift cards at our Nashville showroom, or you can purchase an E-Gift Card online that will be delivered via email.
- Is your leather vegan? No, we do not offer any vegan leather options at this time. However, we are conscious of where and how we are sourcing our materials. Regarding the treatment of animals, our suppliers buy leather from small scale farmers. The leather hide is a bi-product as they are first used for meat.
- Why am I unable to apply more than one discount code to my order? Discount codes cannot be combined, however, you can stack a gift card and discount code upon checkout.
- When will my order be shipped? Please allow 1 - 2 business days for your order to be processed. You will receive an email with your UPS or USPS tracking # on the day your item will ship.
- If I selected expedited shipping, when will my order go out? Expedited shipments will be shipped the same business day if ordered before 1pm CST. If ordered after 1pm CST, they will go out on the next business day.
- If I place my order on the weekend or a holiday, when will my order ship? Your order will be shipped within 1-2 business days.
- Do you ship internationally? Yes! To select your country, click on the flag in the top right-hand corner of our website.
- Will my shoes stretch at all? Yes, keep in mind that it's good for leather shoes to be a little snug in the width as they do stretch and start molding to your feet within the first 3-5 wears. We recommend wearing socks while breaking in shoes and wearing them indoors on carpet in order to increase comfort and still allow for an exchange if necessary.
- What if my feet are more narrow/wide? All of our women’s shoes are a standard B width and our men’s shoes are a standard D width. However, we do have customers that have more narrow or wide feet that are able to comfortably wear our shoes.
- Do you have free returns? Yes! We now offer free returns so you can try out Nisolo risk-free.
- Do you offer unlimited exchanges? We do! We want to ensure you find the perfect fit.
For any specific or unique return/exchange situations, please direct your questions to email@example.com.
Our goal is to process your order as quickly as possible. 2nd Day and 3rd Day flat rate shipping are available at the customer's expense and can be viewed when selected at checkout. If placed Monday-Friday before 1:00pm ET, orders are generally shipped the same day that they are placed. Orders placed on the weekend will ship the next business day.
We currently offer FREE SHIPPING for all domestic, ground orders.
Customers receive a tracking number along with a shipping confirmation email once orders have been processed and shipped. In addition, customers receive a return shipping label with all domestic orders. For questions regarding returns and exchanges, please visit the Returns + Exchanges page. Please note that Nisolo is not liable for lost or stolen packages.
International shipping is available at the customer’s expense through UPS with choices for Ground (Canada only), Expedited or Saver. International shipping costs are paid at the time of check out based on your exact location. Additional taxes and fees will be estimated at the time of checkout and due upon delivery. If you have any questions or would like further information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETURNS + EXCHANGES
If for any reason you are unhappy with your product or want to make a change, we can refund or exchange any unworn, unaltered, or defective merchandise within 60 days of the original purchase date. Please note that if shoes show obvious wear, they cannot be exchanged. Please use caution when trying shoes on, especially on hard surfaces.
Please complete the Returns & Exchanges Form that arrives in your package and return to the following address:
1801 12th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37208
We offer unlimited exchanges to ensure you find the perfect fit. Please complete the Returns & Exchanges Form with your desired style/size and mail your merchandise using the provided return shipping label. Allow up to 1-2 weeks for exchanges to be processed. An email notification will alert you once the exchange order has been shipped.
We now offer free returns! Please complete the Return & Exchanges Form (located in an envelope in your order) and include it with your return shipment. We include a shipping label in all domestic orders to make the returns process as easy as possible.
INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE + RETURN POLICY
At this time, international customers are responsible for covering the shipping costs of exchanges and returns for all international orders.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
1. Weatherproofing - Your Nisolos were weather-treated in Peru. However, we suggest also using Kiwi Boot Protector for smooth leather and Kiwi Suede Protector for Nubuck and Suede leather. These can be applied every couple of months to ensure that the elements don't wear on your shoes too much.
2. Shoe Trees - Cedar trees help prevent the leather from drying out and the outsole (both leather & rubber) from deteriorating.
3. Wet Shoes - Towel dry any water that you can right away. Then stuff the inside of your shoes with newspaper or a towel to pull the moisture from the inside. Let your Nisolos dry slowly at room temperature. Follow up with leather cleaner and conditioner once dry.
4. Cleaner - Use a soft-bristled brush or cotton cloth to wipe away dirt and scuffs. Apply a leather cleaner such as Lincon E-Z Cleaner for Suede and Nubuck leathers and Lexol Leather Cleaner for smooth leathers. Let your shoes dry completely.
5. Conditioner - Use a damp cloth to apply the conditioner in a circular motion, let sit for a few minutes and wipe with a clean, dry cloth. We suggest using Lexol leather conditioner every 3 months. We recommend using Meltonian Polish for smooth leather. The polish colors we suggest are: Cordovan for Brandy, Black for Noir, and Cream for all other smooth leathers.
6. Sole Savers - For increased longevity, apply rubber sole savers. If the rubber heel cap or leather on the soles wears down considerably, we suggest taking your Nisolos to a shoe repair shop to have them replaced.
Brass is a beautiful material that may need a little love from time to time. Some prefer the aged, patina look. If you lean towards the bright and shiny look, follow the steps below for instant renewed shine to your brass Nisolo piece for years to come.
1. In a small bowl, mix 1 part water and 1 part lemon juice.
2. Soak desired brass piece in mixed solution for 5 min.
3. Rinse thoroughly with water.
4. Dry immediately and completely with a soft rag.
5. Always store your brass pieces in a dry/sealed bag for best results.
TRAVEL COLLECTION CARE
Vegetable tanned leather is known to last for generations with proper care. We recommend following the steps below to keep your Nisolo Travel products looking their best.
Use a soft-bristled brush or cotton cloth to wipe away dirt. Apply a leather cleaner, such as Skidmore’s Leather Cream, to your vegetable tanned leather products.
Apply conditioner, such as Chamberlain's Leather Care Liniment No. 1, to a soft cloth and rub thoroughly and evenly onto leather surface. Gently buff after a brief drying time.
Use waterproofing spray, cream or wax, such as Kiwi Waterproofing Spray, to protect your travel collection from the elements.