Frequently Asked Questions
We provide a 100 day customer satisfaction guarantee. It's our goal for all customers to be 100% satisfied with their purchase from Nisolo. If you notice irregular wear and tear on your shoes within 100 days, please contact us at email@example.com.
Why are the color of my shoes slightly different than the ones pictured online?
We use natural cowhide for all of our shoes which can cause a slight variation in color as each hide absorbs dye differently. Each product is crafted by hand and has its own individual characteristics, which contributes to the unique and special nature of your product.
- How do I clean and protect my leather shoes and accessories?
We want to help you keep your Nisolos looking good! To maintain quality, please avoid contact with moisture, direct sunlight, or heat. Please visit our Shoe Care page for more information about how to properly care for your leather shoes and accessories.
- How do I clean my Nisolo jewelry?
All of our jewelry is non-chemically treated up-cycled brass. However, you can use a natural beeswax to seal the jewelry from reacting to your skin's chemistry or moisture, keeping it looking shiny and new. Refer to our Jewelry Care page for a step-by-step cleaning guide.
- Do you offer gift cards?
Yes! You can purchase Nisolo gift cards here. It'll be emailed to you upon purchase. (Gift cards cannot be purchased using a discount code or another gift card.)
- Is your leather vegan?
No, we do not offer any vegan leather options at this time. We do have vegetable tanned leather bags. Vegetable tanned leather is tanned using tannins and other ingredients found in different vegetable matter, such as tree bark, wood, leaves, fruits, and roots. It's an old-world, artisanal process that's free of any harmful chemicals. We are conscious of where and how we are sourcing our materials. Regarding the treatment of animals, our suppliers buy leather from farmers committed to the ethical treatment of animals, and all leather used is a by-product of the meat industry.
- Why am I unable to apply more than one discount code to my order?
Discount codes cannot be combined, however, you can stack a gift card and discount code at checkout.
- Will my shoes stretch at all?
Yes. Keep in mind that it's good for leather shoes to be a little snug in the width as they do stretch and start molding to your feet within the first 3-5 wears. We recommend wearing socks while breaking in shoes and wearing them indoors on carpet in order to increase comfort and still allow for an exchange if necessary.
- What if my feet are more narrow/wide?
All of our women’s shoes are a standard B width and our men’s shoes are a standard D width. However, we do have customers that have more narrow or wide feet that are able to comfortably wear our shoes.
For any specific or unique return/exchange situations, please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the status of my order?
Please allow 1-3 business days for your order to process. Expedited shipping is available at your expense — available options can be viewed during your checkout process. If you choose FedEx SmartPost at checkout, your order will take 2-7 business days (this does not include the processing time).
Customers receive a tracking number along with a shipping confirmation email once orders have been processed and shipped. For questions regarding returns and exchanges, please visit the Returns + Exchanges page. Please note that Nisolo is not liable for lost or stolen packages.
How much do you charge for shipping?
We charge a flat $4.95 on all domestic orders when FEDEX SmartPost shipping is selected. (This does not include Alaska, Hawaii, and any U.S. territories.)
Alaska, Hawaii, and any U.S. territories will be charged a flat $30 FEDEX Ground shipping rate.
Expedited shipping rates are available at additional cost. We offer FEDEX Ground (1-4 days) for $8.95, 3-Day Shipping for $19.95, 2-Day Shipping for $29.95, and Overnight Shipping for $49.95.
Where do you ship?
We currently ship on our site to the US only, though we do ship to Canada through our partnership with Garmentory. We are hoping to expand to other regions and countries in the future. Consider this an invitation to visit our showroom in Nashville, Tennessee!
RETURNS + EXCHANGES
All unworn and unaltered items may be returned within 60 days of the original purchase date. Click the button above or visit nisolo.co/returns to process your return. If you choose to return an item, $5.95 will be held from your refund to cover shipping and restocking. Alternately, you can choose to return an item for store credit at no additional cost to you.
International Orders cannot be returned or exchanged.
We offer one free exchange for any unworn and unaltered items exchanged within 60 days of the original purchase date.
Click the button above or visit nisolo.co/returns to process your exchange.
International Orders cannot be returned or exchanged.
Allow up to 2-3 business days for your exchange to be processed once your package arrives at our warehouse. We will cover the shipping cost to return the shoes back to you.
Contact us at email@example.com
1. Weatherproofing - We suggest using Tarrago Hightech Nano Protector Spray. These can be applied to ensure that the elements don't wear on your shoes too much. We recommend avoiding the elements when possible as leather soles aren't meant to be exposed to rain or snow.
2. Shoe Trees - Cedar trees help prevent the leather from drying out and the outsole (both leather & rubber) from deteriorating. They also help with the pesky wrinkles from wear.
3. Wet Shoes - Towel dry any water that you can right away. Then stuff the inside of your shoes with newspaper or a towel to pull the moisture from the inside. Let your Nisolos dry slowly at room temperature. Follow up with leather cleaner and conditioner once dry.
4. Clean + Condition - Use a soft-bristled brush or cotton cloth to wipe away dirt and scuffs. Apply a leather cleaner such as Saddle Soap or Blackrock Leather 'N' Rich Cleaner and Conditioner for smooth leathers. For suede and nubuck leathers, use Lincoln E-Z Cleaner and a nubuck brush or nylon brush. Do not use Saddle Soap or Blackrock on suede or nubuck leather, it will alter the overall look of the shoes.
5. Polish - We suggest using Saphir Cream Polish for a matte finish on our smooth leather. Apply polish evenly using a cotton or flannel polishing cloth and allow to air dry. Remove any excess polish with a horsehair shoe brush.
6. Sole Savers - For increased longevity, apply rubber sole savers. Sole savers can be applied at a local shoe repair shop, we recommend using Yelp.com to find a trusted cobbler in your area. If the rubber heel cap or leather on the soles wears down considerably, we suggest taking your Nisolos to a shoe repair shop to have them replaced.
Brass is a beautiful material that may need a little love from time to time. Some prefer the aged, patina look. If you lean towards the bright and shiny look, follow the steps below for instant renewed shine to your brass Nisolo piece for years to come.
1. In a small bowl, mix 1 part water and 1 part lemon juice.
2. Soak desired brass piece in mixed solution for 5 min.
3. Rinse thoroughly with water.
4. Dry immediately and completely with a soft rag.
5. Always store your brass pieces in a dry/sealed bag for best results.
VEGETABLE TANNED LEATHER CARE
Vegetable tanned leather is an old-world, artisanal process that uses natural tannins found in vegetable matter such as tree bark, wood, leaves, fruits, and roots. It's free of all harmful chemicals and is known to last for generations with proper care. We recommend following the steps below to keep your Nisolo Travel products looking their best.
Use a soft-bristled brush or cotton cloth to wipe away dirt.
Apply Blackrock Leather 'N' Rich to a soft cloth and rub thoroughly and evenly onto leather surface. Gently buff after a brief drying time.
Use waterproofing spray, cream or wax, such as Tarrago Hightech Nano Protector Spray, to protect your vegetable tanned leather products from the elements.