Communications and Special Projects Fellow (Peru)
Nisolo means not alone.
We are a team of makers, doers, and storytellers working together to facilitate a healthy connection between consumers and producers in the global marketplace. As consumers, we are not alone in the world. We recognize that our small choices have a big impact somewhere else. As producers, we are not alone. We enable access to the global market and fair compensation for our work. At Nisolo, we view our social impact in two ways: game changing and life changing.
As our full-time Communications and Special Projects Fellow in our factory in Trujillo, Peru, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to content creation for our marketing team (photo, video, writing), international communications and information systems. You will tune up your Spanish language skills and gain an understanding of day-to-day operations, both from the factory floor and from our Nashville office and showroom. We are a dynamic, high-growth organization so assignments are flexible and adapted to the organization’s needs as well as the candidate’s strengths.
- Supporting social impact activities including personal finance skills, teamwork and technical training sessions, English classes, and home interviews
- Gathering and communicating content from Peru for the US team, customers and investors (candidate must provide their own camera)
- Enhancing Nisolo Peru’s company culture through event planning
- Relaying information from the other Nisolo locations and feedback from customers to our Peru team and providing tours to visitors
- Implementing improvements in our factory in accordance with B-Corp certification policies and industry best practices
- Acting as an executive assistant to Nisolo’s VP of Production (scheduling meetings, managing tasks, and improving internal and external communication)
At Nisolo we are looking for students or recent graduates who are humble, curious, and have a genuine desire to solve business and creative challenges. We expect each fellow to become acquainted with many different facets of the business, take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team. A good sense of humor and ability to adapt to new environments are essential! Specifically, we look for the following:
- Highly skilled at communicating in Spanish and English, both verbally and in writing. Candidates with basic Spanish will not be considered.
- Familiarity with the US market.
- Desire to receive international work experience in Peru.
- Willingness to receive academic credit for the internship (students) or a stipend (graduates)
- Willingness to cover personal travel costs
- High energy, friendly and people-focused personality
- Highly organized, with the ability to coordinate between diverse groups
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to learn and continually improve
- Willingness to commit to living in Trujillo, Peru for the duration of the internship. Nashville-based candidates are preferred and will have the opportunity to get to spend one week in the showroom and office during their fellowship.
September 2016 to March 2017.
To applyPlease submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications and Special Projects Fellow [Applicant’s Name]” by September 11, 2016.