Communications and Social Impact Fellow (Peru)
Nisolo means not alone.
We are a team of makers, doers, and storytellers working together to facilitate a healthy connection between consumers and producers in the global marketplace. As consumers, we are not alone in the world. We recognize that our small choices have a big impact somewhere else. As producers, we are not alone. We enable access to the global market and fair compensation for our work. At Nisolo, we view our social impact in two ways: game changing and life changing.
As our full-time Communications and Social Impact Fellow in our factory in Trujillo, Peru, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with Nisolo USA to implement and enhance our social impact in Peru. You will tune up your Spanish language skills and gain an understanding of day-to-day operations, both from the factory floor and from our Nashville office and showroom. We are a dynamic, high-growth organization so assignments are flexible and adapted to the organization’s needs as well as the candidate’s strengths.
Responsibilities may include:
- Gathering and communicating content from Peru for the Nisolo USA marketing and sales team, customers and investors (candidate must provide their own camera)
- Enhancing Nisolo Peru’s work environment and culture through coordinating social activities and weekly events in the factory
- Implementing improvements in our factory in accordance with B-Corp certification policies and industry best practices
- Supporting social impact activities including personal finance skills, teamwork and technical training sessions, English classes, and impact assessments
- Providing tours to visitors and fielding impact related questions from interested Nisolo stakeholders
- Acting as an executive assistant to Nisolo’s VP of Production (scheduling meetings, managing tasks, and improving internal and external communication)
At Nisolo we are looking for students or recent graduates who are humble, curious, and have a genuine desire to solve business and creative challenges. We expect each fellow to become acquainted with many different facets of the business, take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team. A good sense of humor and ability to adapt to new environments are essential! Specifically, we look for the following:
- Proficient in Spanish, both verbally and in writing. Candidates with basic Spanish will not be considered.
- Willingness to receive academic credit for the internship (students) or a stipend (graduates)
- Willingness to cover personal travel costs
- High energy, friendly and people-focused personality
- Highly organized, with the ability to coordinate between diverse groups
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in photography and videography are preferred
- Willingness to learn and continually improve
- Willingness to commit to living in Trujillo, Peru for the duration of the internship. Nashville-based candidates are preferred and will have the opportunity to receive training in the showroom and office during their fellowship
- Candidates with experience living in developing countries are also preferred
Timing & Benefits
April 1, 2017 to October 2017. Payment and benefits will be discussed upon application
To applyPlease submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications and Social Impact Fellow [Applicant’s Name]” by March 5th, 2017.