Business Technology Manager Intern
Nisolo means not alone.
We are a team of makers, doers, and storytellers working together to facilitate a healthy connection between consumers and producers in the global marketplace. As consumers, we are not alone in the world. We recognize that our small choices have a big impact somewhere else. As producers, we are not alone. We have access to them global market and fair compensation for our work. At Nisolo, we view our social impact in two ways: game changing and life changing.
We are a small, dynamic, high-growth organization so assignments are flexible and adapted to the organization’s needs as well as the candidate’s strengths. Internships are flexible, offered on a full time or part time basis. Students must be willing to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week. As an intern in Business Technology Management, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure in: business processes, software systems, customer-centric design, product lifecycle, warehousing and fulfillment, global logistics, inventory management, and operations management. Students who intern will get the chance to obtain a global view of our business processes. This position reports directly to the VP Operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Consult internally across departments to identify short term improvements to existing use of software, key pain points, and requirements for scale
- Develop information flow diagrams and targeted recommendations for Customer & Product Cycle
- Identify key weaknesses of current software environment and recommend priorities for next software implementation
- Develop implementation plan for identified improvements within current software implementation
- Attend software demonstration calls, evaluate and compare options, and recommend an integrated solution
- Present final project to full Executive team, including CEO
At Nisolo we are looking for students who are humble, curious, and have a genuine desire to solve business and creative challenges. We expect each intern to become acquainted with many different facets of the business, take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team. A good sense of humor and brave opponents on the ping pong table are a bonus! More specifically, we look for the following qualifications in potential candidates:
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Willingness to receive academic credit for the internship
- High energy, friendly and people-focused personality
- Willingness to learn and continually improve
- Willingness to commit to living in Nashville for the duration of the internship.
- Senior or Master’s level student in Business, Engineering, or Software related program; MBA preferred
- Knowledge of stitch labs, Shopify, CRM, ERP, WMS, and other eCommerce related software considered an asset.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Additionally, please submit a response to the following questions:
- How did you hear about Nisolo?
- Why do you want to intern with Nisolo?
- What are the top three things you want to learn in your internship, and why?
- In 100 words or less, what makes you an excellent candidate for this position?